Thursday 25 April 2019

Top Tens: Tane from Tightwire's Top Ten Punk Rock Influences


AC/DC – Back In Black

Bon Scott was clearly the better frontman, but this album was the ultimate comeback. Can you imagine what this record would've been like with Bon Scott? Holy shit.

Van Halen – 1984
Yes! This was another album my Dad showed me. How could you tell?? P.S. David Lee Roth is a god.

Heart – Dreamboat Annie
Another one from my Dad. He's the best AND this album is life changing.

Blink-182 – Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
This record was a turning point for me. My relationship with my folks got all fucked up and I started smoking pot. Carson Daly can suck my shitty ass but this record was pretty cool.

NOFX – 45 or 46 songs…
Best NOFX record of all time. Okay, maybe Punk in Drublic was better. Who gives a shit.

Dillinger Four – Midwestern Songs
Some stoner kid from my high school gave me this record and it totally changed pop punk for me. Also, I always thought the line was "fuck the mall", kinda sad. I guess Lorraine's down in Africa.


The Ergs – Three Guys Twelve Eyes
This is the absolute best version of pop punk in my opinion. You don't agree? Well, don't listen to my fuckin’ band then. I don't give a shit.

Have I listed 10 bands yet? No, shit, okay.

Toys That Kill 

Anything Motown

And, uhhh, Blink 182 Dude Ranch

If you do like The Ergs then you can listen to Tightwire here. You should buy their latest album here. And you should like them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment