Thursday 17 August 2017

Top Tens: Paul from Be Sharp Promotions' Top Ten Bands He'd Love To Book


1. Goldfinger
They've been my favourite live band since I first saw them at the Astoria in 2001.

2. Lightyear
Because it's Lightyear.

3. Mustard Plug
I haven't seen them for over 10 years and they are the most amount of fun.

4. Buck O Nine
Last year I went to Asian Man Records 20th Anniversary in San Francisco and ended up seeing Buck O Nine 4 times, including once at Gilman Street (bucket list thing right there) and an INSANE show in Tijuana. Lovely guys, so much fun and they haven't played the UK since 2001. Long overdue.

5. Mad Caddies
One of my all time favourites. I'm still jealous that Jason El Topo put them on in Belgium last year.

6. Anti Flag
We got a bit ska heavy, so let's add a punk rock band in. After their 2 shows at Old Blue Last in 2015, I'd love a sweaty and intimate gig at New Cross Inn.

7. The Interrupters
On their first UK tour, I managed to get The Pisdicables and Call Me Malcolm supporting them. Since then it's been great to watch them get bigger and bigger. Such an incredible live band.

8. Talco
I had tickets to see them in Budapest, but they cancelled due to illness. When they played Boomtown, I got offered a pass about an hour after their set and therefore missed them. I had them booked at NXI in February but the tour got cancelled. I think I'm jinxed. Amazing Italian ska punk. Silent Town was my favourite album of 2015.

9. The Bennies
I just really want to book The Bennies for a Besharp party.

10. Less Than Jake
They played the Barfly in 2012, so are no strangers to small gigs. We'll have some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment