Thursday 18 August 2016

Top Tens: Derma from Talco's Top Ten Punk Rock Influences


This week Derma from Italian ska/folk punks Talco gives us his top ten punk rock influences.

NOFX
The first Nofx album I bought was “White Trash Two Heebs And A Bean”. In my opinion, their best album. It’s natural for people that listened punk in 90's, having bands like this as a reference!

Rancid
And Out Come The Wolves and Life Won’t Wait are a must for a band like us, that mix punk and ska music.

No Use For A Name
My favorite melodic punk band. When I write songs for Talco, I’m indirectly often influenced by the melodies of Tony Sly. No Use For A Name are one of the bands that I've never stopped listening to, since I was young.

Lagwagon
Listening to their latest album, Hang, makes me realise how great Lagwagon are at songwriting. With an impressive back catalogue, including Thrashed, Hoss, Double Platinum….only a few bands can be that consistent. Lagwagon is one of the best examples.

Bad Religion
They were one of the first punk-rock bands that mixed melodies with old punk-rock, giving birth to a new wave of punk-rock.

Dropkick Murphys
Since the beginning of Talco, Dropkick Murphys and their unique blend of folk-punk have been a huge influence on us. Sing Loud Sing Proud is the soundtrack to our 10 years of traveling.

The Clash
The revolution of punk-rock. Since London Calling, punk-rock gave birth to a new way and punk attitude. One of the most important bands in the history of music.

Satanic Surfers
Hero Of Our Time - Another album that I Love and have listened to on repeat for 17 years!

Mad Caddies
We’re now good friends with these guys, but when I was young I saw them as fan countless times at concerts in Italy. Duck And Cover is one of Talco’s first influences.

Propaghandi
Punk mixed with politics and good attitude. Technically more professional than 99% of worldwide punk-rock bands. Incredible band.


Talco have a new record out in September. Pre-order it here: http://amzn.to/2bgMUtB

Like Talco here: https://www.facebook.com/talcopatchanka/

No comments:

Post a Comment